Hello, all! I haven’t been around lately because I’ve been seriously considering a name change/rebrand. I’m not as happy with Tiny Sewing Empire as I thought I would be, so I’ve decided to merge TSE with my tolmema blog at the end of the summer. I’ll be opening a new shop on Etsy. I will still be making cosmetic bags, and adding quite a bit of product to my inventory. Expect a more professional, Etsy/Pinterest-esque feel from my products!
If you would like to receive news about opening dates, new products, and sales, please join my mailing list. I promise not to spam your inbox or give/sell your information to anyone.
As for the rest of the summer, I will be selling at the Farmers Market at the fairgrounds until the end of the summer. My Etsy store is still open for now, but there’s not much there. You’ll have better luck emailing me for photos of what I currently have in stock.
In the meantime, I am on the search for a local Bozeman photographer who can take photos of my products for my Etsy store. I’m not requiring a professional photographer, just someone who has a better camera than me and a light box. If you know someone or you are interested, please contact me so we can figure something out.
If you are interested in checking out my tolmema brand, I have a Facebook page, a twitter, and a blog. As I mentioned, I will be adding my shop in the fall, plus more new content.
I truly, madly, deeply (hehe), hope to see you guys over at tolmema; I’m really excited about the direction I’m taking. You should stop by and show me some love! 🙂
So I FINALLY updated the photos in my Esty shop, and added a few new items. The baby blankies are still missing, but I’m not to worried – I think they will sell at the Farmers Market. Here’s some of the updated photos:
Striped Tote Bag - has pink polka dots on the inside
I have quite a few bag styles in this pattern
See that beautiful straight seam? 🙂
Such a fun and sweet little summer dress!
I’m glad I finally did it. I’ve been meaning to, but I feel like my brain has been muddled because I have so many darn choices to make. I couldn’t decide where to sell, what to sell, what to keep for Farmers Market, etc. etc. etc.. So today I just made some choices:
- I pulled my bags out of the local shop I have been selling my bags at. They aren’t selling, and I will get a shit ton more exposure at the Farmers Market. Plus, while I would love to have my stuff all over town, I’d like to sell in places that I’m genuinely excited to work with. While I loved the place before, once I converted from a customer to a vendor, my experience just wasn’t the same. I don’t want to get burnt out on crafting because of strained relationships with owners!
- Updated the shop – already said this but it was a big thing for me because I made the decision to keep selling online. I have been a little dispirited because I haven’t made hardly any sales online. Deep down I know it’s because I need to push my product, not just let it sit there and hope that someone finds it. I need to actively promote my items. TSE is my baby and I want it to grow and flutter out of the nest.
- I decided to keep freelancing. For awhile I considered quitting so I could craft full-time. Then I realized that I really don’t work much anyways, and that I LOVE the clients I have. I don’t think I really wanted to quit; I was just stuck in a rut, and was clamoring to get out of it. I’m glad I decided to keep freelancing because I have picked up a couple new clients this week (unplanned clients, but hey), and they will keep me busy throughout the summer.
So! If you are interested, please check out my Esty store and tell me what you think. I wish I had a better camera – the pictures seem a little crappy to me, but at least I have my stuff up there. If you decide to buy something, use the coupon code SUNSHINE to get 15% off until…whenever I decide. Probably until the beginning of June. I always offer free shipping, so there’s no surprises with the price. You pay what you see on the listing (and 15% less if you take advantage of my coupon), not a penny more.
I also LOVE custom orders. If you see something you like, but want a different color, or a longer/shorter zipper, just let me know. I usually have a hodge podge of fabric laying around that’s just begging to be used. 🙂
Do you have an Etsy store? If so, leave a link to it in the comments below; I’d love to see the beautiful things you create!
A couple of things:
1. On accident, I made a new style of bag that I had never made before! Instead of being short and squat, they are now tall and thin. I’m okay with this because I think they look more elegant and dainty, which is exactly what a cosmetic bag should be, right?
2. I’ve talked to a couple of store owners in downtown Bozeman, and if all goes well, I will be able to sell my bags locally! I’M SO EXCITED! Nothing is for sure yet, but I’m going to dream big and hope that my products are cool enough for people to sell.
I’ll post pictures of the new bag styles by the end of the weekend.