OK, guys! I have finally made a few video tutorials and will be posting them as they’re ready. This video shows how to make a boxy cosmetic bag. Please let me know what you think of the video. It was my first time doing this, so it’s not super-duper awesome, but I’m still really happy with it.
The materials you will need for this project:
- 2 fat quarters of fabric: cotton is easiest to sew but you can use whatever you like. I used cotton for the outside of this bag and vinyl for the inside
- batting: optional. Makes the bag nice and thick so that it can get knocked around a bit without breaking the stuff inside
- d-ring: one or two. D-rings give the bag more utility so that you can hang it up or attach it to the inside of a larger bag.
- obviously, you’ll need a sewing machine and some thread.
The fabrics/materials I used:
- Fabric: No clue. I picked up both of the fabrics from a thrift store and have no idea as to their origins. However, I am in LOVE with the brown fabric that I used in the tutorial. At first I bought it simply because it was $1.00 for like a bajillion yards, but I didn’t really like it. But once I started using it, I realized that it looks better as a finished product than in it’s boring, basic, yard-y form. Now its one of my favorite fabrics! (P.S. if you recognize the fabric, please tell me what it is so that I can find more 🙂 ).
- I used a 16″ brown (nude, if you want to get picky) invisible zipper.
- I picked up the d-rings from Walmart.